We held a public consultation on five proposed route alignment options between 17 January – 14 March 2017. During this time, 11 events were held and attended by more than 3,000 people.
We also received 2,795 consultation responses.
Each response was analysed and the results presented in the project’s Consultation Report, 27 September 2017.
Please see our - Promoter’s Response (Essex County Council Cabinet Report, 23 November 2017) which outlines our responses to the main issues raised in the consultation.
High Level Results:
- 82% of respondents favoured a complete upgrade and a further 10% felt that some changes were required to meet current and future demand
- Overall, 80% of respondents either agreed or strongly agreed that the A120 should be upgraded to a dual carriageway
- Respondents were asked to rank the five options presented from 1 to 5, with 1 being the first preference and 5 being the last. Option C received the most responses as first preference when compared across options with 29%, closely followed by option E with 27% and then option A (17%), option D (14%) and option B (13%)
- When first and second preferences were added together, option C was still the most preferred with 25%, followed even more closely by option E with 24%, options D and B with 20% and option A least preferred with 11%
- Option A was the least popular option and received the highest number of ‘5’ rankings (62%), where respondents provided ‘5’ rankings.